How To Maintain Your Kitchen’s Cabinets
Gone are the days when there used to be one or two designs available for the kitchens. Now looking at the kind of range available, it has become difficult to choose amongst the thousands of designs. However, as difficult it is to choose the right kind of cabinet design for your kitchen equally difficult is to maintain the same. So here we have come up with some amazing tips on how to maintain your kitchen’s cabinets:
- If you have wooden Custom Cabinets Potomac in your kitchen, then using a mixture of white vinegar with rubbing alcohol along with drops of the dishwasher is the best way to get rid of the stains. All you have to do is to wipe the cabinets with the solution, try to use a microfiber cloth for the same. Before rinsing cabinets with warm water, wait for 10 to 15 minutes. After rinsing you can always use furniture oil or wax to seal the glow and finish on the wooden cabinets. Doing it twice in a year will help you to have stained free and sparkling kitchen.
- For painted cabinets use the gentlest cleaner. Apply the same on the cabinets, leave it for few minutes to dry and then rinse the same with a microfiber cloth. You can use white vinegar with drops of the dishwasher to clean the same. Using harsh cleaner will not only remove stains but will impact the paint applied on the cabinets.
- Dark colored cabinets especially black cabinets provide a classy and royal look to the kitchen, but it is equally difficult to maintain the shine and cleanliness on the same. Even the smallest of the spot is visible on such cabinets and hence it requires regular cleaning. The only way to maintain them is to wipe them with microfiber cloth once every week; else your kitchen will start looking dingy and untidy.
- Light colored or white cabinets give simple, clean and finished look to the kitchen. But as difficult it is to maintain the dark cabinets equally it is difficult to maintain the light one. Even the finger spots are visible on such cabinets. Even these cabinets require regular cleaning, also always keep a bottle of matching paint for retouching.
- Laminated cabinets are easiest to clean and maintain. Their surface is smooth and has no pores making it difficult to maintain. These cabinets hardly absorb grease or oil and thus regular cleaning is not required. Elbow grease once in a while would do wonders for you and your kitchen. However, for deep cleaning, you can always use the solution we recommended for wooden cabinets.
Apart from the surface of the Custom Cabinets Maryland, the tricky part to clean is the area around handles. At first, place clean any sort of stain around that area there and then but for gentle cleaning you can always use alcohol with the dishwasher for sparkling cleaning.
Now that you know how to maintain your kitchen cabinets, envy your guests with an always sparkling and clean kitchen.