Many of us have often wondered about how our lives would turn out if we were stranded in one place unable to move. Saving on energy may sound to be quite a wonderful thing but in reality, it can be quite a painful task. This pain is experienced by the people who are suffering from hemorrhoids, whether internal or external. The patients in pain are constantly looking for tips that will help them get relief and there are a lot of things that you can do which will help you get relief over time. Here are some of them:
- High Fiber Intake:With the increase of fiber in the diet, the bowel movement will harden and the patient will feel the pressure to pass the stools as and when required. This is one of the most important things to do when you are suffering from piles. A regular bowel movement ensures that there is no unnecessary build up of pressure on the swollen capillaries and it can be done by increasing the fiber intake by as much as 20 grams to 30 grams per day. You can also take supplements such as husk fiber in case you are unable to increase the fiber in your natural diet.
- Do Not Delay Bowel Movements: As mentioned above, you should never delay your bowel movements in hope for a better time. The increased amount of excreta in the rectum will result in the aggravation of the already swollen capillaries and will result in a worsened constipated body. This is the main reason why proctologists always recommend that their patients pass off the stools whenever they feel the urge.
- Lubricate Your Stools: It may seem strange but there is a bleeding piles treatment where you have to lubricate your stools. It can be done by ingesting a tablespoon of mineral oil with apple sauce or yogurt. This will have to be done right at the beginning of the day before breakfast. It can be done twice a day; the second time being before lunch. The process will help the stools to pass effortlessly by your hemorrhoids and will provide you with an option to go to the bathroom without any pain. However, you must not do it on a regular basis and must remember to line up your underwear with an absorbent to take care of any oil leakage.
- Elevate Your Feet: While you are on the throne, you can always elevate your feet using a step stool. This changes the angle of your rectum and you are able to allow the stools to pass through your rectum at an easier angle. You do not have to exert a lot while you are passing the stools and it is the best pain relief for piles as it does not aggravate your hemorrhoids. Changing your toilet habits will go a long way into providing you relief for your swollen hemorrhoids.
- Over the counter devices and medicines: If you are reluctant to go to a proctologist, you can always go to your local pharmacist and opt for the over the counter medicines or devices. They come under home care treatment and you do not have to go frontal in front of anyone else. There are many ointments, creams, and pads infused with hazel that can be used to get relief from swollen hemorrhoids. You can also buy a sitz basin. Fill it up with lukewarm water and sit in it for 10 to 15 minutes every day to attain relief from bleeding piles. You can do this multiple times in a day and see the effect for yourself in a few days. The ointments and the topical creams will also provide you with relief but in case they do not work, you may be a severe case of bleeding piles and you will have to consult with a doctor.
With the taboo that associated with piles, people are often reluctant to visit a proctologist. All they think about is the way that the society will treat them when the word gets out. This is one of the main reasons that the patients are often looking for home care remedies for piles so that they can take care of the problem behind closed doors.