13 Amazing health benefits of Fox nuts
Fox nuts commonly referred to as “Phool makhana or lotus seeds” provide a plethora of health benefits. It is packed with loads of nutrients and hence, people consume it during fasting. The makhanas are flavourless, you can snack them by roasting with the spices of your choice or it can be included as an ingredient in any Indian cuisines and sweet dishes.
Apart from using it as a snack, it also has good medicinal properties. The micronutrients present in fox nuts are extremely beneficial for our human body. Also, fox nuts are low in calories and hence it’s ideal to add it in your diet if you are on a weight loss journey.
Top 13 health benefits of fox nuts:
As most of us are unaware of the health benefits of lotus seeds, this article will help you to gain more knowledge about its myriad benefits related to health. So, read on the article before you introduce this new superfood in your diet.
- Fox nuts are high in protein. So, the next time, on your fasting day try munching on a handful of fox nuts to keep your hunger pangs at bay. Lotus seeds not only provide you with energy but also, it keeps your calories in check. This aids in weight loss.
- The presence of natural flavonoid, “Kaempferol” in fox nuts has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. Apart from this, it also contains Gallic acid, Saponins, and alkaloids. These phytonutrients can protect us against cancer.
- Fox nuts are low in sodium and high in magnesium. Hence, it’s an ideal snack for diabetes, blood pressure, obesity and heart patients. If you are already on medication, refill your bottle buy ordering medicines from any reliable online medicine site by uploading your prescription and avail amazing medicine discounts on every order.
- We live in an environment bombarded with toxins every day. No worry! Fox nuts act as a good detoxifying agent. So, include this miraculous round ball in your diet and flux out toxins from your body. It also strengthens your kidney and spleen.
- Lotus seeds are also helpful in treating diarrhea.
- Fox nuts are rich in calcium and iron, hence including it in the diet helps to maintain bone and teeth health. It also aids in relieving joint pain, numbness and arthritis pain.
- Fox nuts are gluten-free, but still high in carbohydrates and protein. So, if you’re allergic to wheat try to munch on lotus seeds and avoid piling your body with allergens.
- Fox nuts are high in thiamine hence the adding it to your diet regularly may help to sustain the cognitive function of the nerves.
- Fox nuts are rich in fibers; hence it helps to relieve constipation and indigestion away. So, for good digestive health keep consuming fox nuts regularly.
- Fox nuts help to improve infertility issues in both men and women.
- Fox nuts also help to treat insomnia
- Fox nuts have a low glycaemic index. It releases the energy slowly and gradually, thus keeping you fuller for a longer time.
Fox nuts are good for expecting women. Consuming fox nuts help to minimize the risk of gestational diabetes and hypertension. Fox nuts are rich in calcium, hence; the seed is good for fetal development.
Are you suffering from gestational diabetes? Yes! Fret not! It’s quite common to see among many pregnant women. Eating a healthy diet and changing your lifestyle during pregnancy can minimize the risk. But, always make sure to speak to your doctor before adding any new healthy snack in your diet. Your doctor may advise the type of foods you need to consume during pregnancy also if you feel the diet is not supporting to bring down your glucose level, your doctor may advise a few medications to control your sugar levels and keep your baby well. Order your medications from the best online medicine companies in India.
Healthy Recipes using fox nut:
- Roasted Makhana: Make a crunchy healthy and a low-calorie snack by roasting fox nuts with spices of your choice.
Heat a tablespoon of oil and roast fox nuts over a low flame till it is crunchy. Transfer makhana to another bowl. In the same Kadai, add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix spices of your choice. Add the roasted fox nut and mix well. Sprinkle little chaat masala if required. If you are vegan free you can substitute butter instead of oil to make flavourful fox nuts. Enjoy this crunchy fox nut with tea or coffee!
- Fox nut kheer: Roast the makhana with little ghee till it is crunchy. Crush the makhanas and add to the boiling milk. Also, add cardamom powder and stir well. Switch off the flame and add powdered jaggery to it. Mix well and add nuts of your choice. Refrigerate and serve chilled kheer.
KiCK your diseases out by munching on a bowl of fox nuts over fried snacks. This helps to keep your body fit and healthy. Enjoy the incredible health benefits of fox nuts either by roasting it with little oil or by adding it to your favorite desserts! Always store super healthy lotus seeds in your kitchen cabin!