10 Simple Tips to Take Care of your Eyes
Did you know? Our eyes are made up of 200 million working parts. Your eyes are an important part of your health. It is our duty to take care of them just like our baby and keep them healthy. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. here are some Simple Tips for Healthy Eyes.
Follow these 10 simple tips for your eyes only:
- Good eye health begins with balanced nutrition:
- Eat lots of green leafy vegetables, carrots, capsicum to get adequate Vitamin A.
- Include omega-3 fatty acids in your diet or make sure to take the supplement giving a minimum of 250mg of EPA and DHA. GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil can provide you 900 mg of EPA and DHA per serving.
- Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C and Vitamin E can also help protect your eyes. They can help avoid related vision problems like macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Blink your eyes after 2 hours for 15 seconds. Your eyes turn dry due to the computer screen and hence it is important.
- Keep splashing water on the face and eyes, to reduce dryness of your eyes.
- Follow the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, take 20 seconds to break to look at something 20 feet away. This will help to avoid digital eye strain and dry eyes.
- Make an effort to reduce and quit smoking. Smoking damages your nerves leads to macular degeneration or cataracts. Consult your doctor for help.
- Exercise for at least 1 hour. Few studies have shown that walking can help reduce age-related macular degeneration by up to 70 percent.
- Protect your eyes from harmful UV radiation by wearing sunglasses that shields your eyes.
- Visit your doctor regularly for eye-checkup. It helps protect your sight and let’s see you best.
- Drink enough 2 – 3 liters of water every day. It is important to keep your eyes hydrated and avoid the dryness.
- “Close your eyes and take a deep breath”; makes an important statement. Just like the rest of your body, your eyes need to recharge too, and this happens while you sleep. So, try to sleep for minimum of 6 – 8 hours daily.